The cardiac fellowship program at Morristown Medical Center presents opportunities for fellows to be involved with ground-breaking clinical research. Morristown Medical Center also provides fellows with the opportunity to initiate fellow-driven research by providing large patient populations, full time statisticians, and analytical software all while being fully supported by faculty.
Below are some the more recent clinical trials and research studies at Morristown Medical Center.
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Active-controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of LCZ696 Compared to Valsartan, on Morbidity and Mortality in Heart Failure Patients (NYHA Class II-IV) With Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Left Atrial Pressure Monitoring to Optimize Heart Failure Therapy Study (LAPTOP-HF)
- A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study of Levosimendan in Patients With Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction Undergoing Cardiac Surgery Requiring Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Micra™ Transcatheter Pacing Study
- reMARQable: nMARQ Pulmonary Vein Isolation System for the Treatment of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation
- Evera MRI™ Clinical StudyHypertrophic
- A Phase 2/3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Effect of GS-6615 on Exercise Capacity in Subjects With Symptomatic Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Valvular Heart Disease:
- Clinical Outcomes Assessment of the MitraClip Percutaneous Therapy for High Surgical Risk Patients (The COAPT Trial)
- Medtronic CoreValve US Expanded Use Study
- CoreValve™ Evolut R™ Clinical Study Repositionable Percutaneous Replacement of Stenotic Aortic Valve Through Implantation of Lotus™ Valve System - Randomized Clinical Evaluation