Overlook Medical Center’s Sports Medicine Fellowship does not participate in the National Resident Matching Program’s (NRMP) primary care sports medicine fellowship match process. To apply, please submit all of the following to our program’s coordinator:
- Completed universal application form available on the American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMSSM) website
- Curriculum vitae
- Three originally signed letters of recommendation
- Letter of evaluation from your medical school's dean
- Official copies of all medical school transcripts
- Medical school diplomaResidency training completion certificate or diploma
- Copy of any state medical licenses
- List of all sports medicine elective rotation, research or experience
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) scores (two-digit scores of at least 80 on Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3; second retakes are acceptable)
The application deadline is September 1, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to verify receipt of all submitted materials with our program’s coordinator. Interviews by invitation only will begin in November and conclude in January.
Completed applications may be submitted by mail, fax or email to the Sports Medicine Fellowship Coordinator.