Morristown Medical Center’s Sports Medicine Fellowship, offered in conjunction with Atlantic Sports Health, provides a diverse clinical experience that consists of:
- Learning non-operative treatments, physical medicine and rehabilitation options for sports and musculoskeletal injuries
- Exposure to a variety of injection procedures, including platelet rich plasma treatments
- Instruction in electro-diagnosis and diagnostic and interventional ultrasound of various peripheral joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves
- Electives, such as combat sports medicine, which offers both the theoretical and practical aspects of combat sports through didactic lectures and ringside experience with commissioned ringside physicians
In addition, our fellowship is closely affiliated with the orthopedic sports medicine community and numerous high school and college teams, including:
- The College of Saint Elizabeth (CSE) – At CSE, a Division III school supporting eight women’s varsity intercollegiate sports, fellows will evaluate and treat athletes in the training room and provide coverage for home soccer and lacrosse games. Supervised by Damion Martins, MD.
- Farleigh Dickinson University – At this Division III School, located in Florham Park, NJ and featuring 19 team sports, our fellows serve as doctors during home games in the fall, winter or spring sport of their choice. They have significant independence both on the field of play and in the training room, while also enjoying continuous support from our faculty physicians. In addition, our fellows provide pre-participation evaluation for the school’s athletes. Supervised by Stephen Kocaj, MD
- New Jersey City University (NJCU) – Fellows will conduct pre-participation evaluations and treat injured athletes during the weekly clinic held in the training room. Supervised by Gerard Malanga, MD.
- Pope John XXIII Regional High School – Fellows will provide medical coverage at home games and attend training room clinics. Supervised by Dean Padavan, MD.
- Seton Hall University – Located in South Orange, NJ and featuring 16 team sports, this Division I school provides most of our program’s athletic coverage experience. Fellows serve as doctors during home soccer, basketball and baseball games. They have significant independence both on the field of play and in the training room, while also enjoying continuous support from our faculty physicians. Supervised by Vincent McInerney, MD and Anthony Festa, MD.
Other local schools affiliated with our program include Warren Hills High School, Delaware Valley High School, Chatham High School, Summit High School and West Orange High School.