Now, we would like to tell you about us:
- We've been training family physicians for more than 40 years, consistently achieving the highest level ACGME Residency Review Committee accreditation.
- We are an ACGME-accredited residency with Osteopathic recognition.
- We are a Joint Commission-certified Patient Centered Medical Home.
- We offer a Sports Medicine Fellowship at Morristown Medical Center.
- We are located in beautiful Summit, NJ, a short train ride from the heart of New York City.
- We have two high-volume family medicine offices, in Summit, NJ, and Chatham, NJ, one on the hospital campus, the other a short distance away.
- Our expansive family medicine office at Overlook Medical Center is built for team-based, patient-centered care, with two pods (each with nursing station and 8 exam rooms), a large precepting area, and a personal space for every resident.Our office is equipped with high-tech equipment for practice and teaching, including the EPIC EHR with built-in e-prescribing and patient education capacity, an electronic patient communication system, audio- and video-monitoring capacity in every exam room, and a large screen (70") Internet-connected smartboard in our conference room, operated by wireless keypad and mouse, or touch.
- Overlook Medical Center is a multi-residency hospital, and our parent company, Atlantic Health System, has a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
- We teach medical students – including as a site for Jefferson’s new Longitudinal Integrated Curriculum – as well as doctoral students in psychology and pharmacology, and nutrition interns.A one-month global health experience is available through the Benjamin H. Josephson MD Fund for residents to provide care in underserved areas.
- We have a Certificate Program in Medical Humanities (with Drew University), and Areas of Concentration in Palliative Care and Women’s Health.
- Overlook Medical Center is part of Atlantic Health System, a five-hospital community-based academic health care system.
But here's what's most important about our program …
Our program treats residents as colleagues, encouraging resident autonomy and decision-making while ensuring quality of care. We hope you will consider becoming one of us.If you already know you’d like to apply, please contact us.