A Letter from the Director
Our mission at Morristown Medical Center is to train our residents to provide compassionate, patient-centered, ethical and evidence-based care to any and all patients. Whether as generalists or specialists, our graduates will be able to interact with academic and community physicians, advocate for patients from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, and practice self-directed learning each day.
What makes the Morristown Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program different from other community hospitals in the Northeast? Why should residents train with us?
The answers are simple. We are a family. We value our people, our place on the academic ladder, our patients, and the possibilities for personal success which exist within each of our trainees. The size of our program means we get to know each of our residents as individuals. We understand their goals and aspirations, we know their strengths, as well as the personal challenges they sometimes face. Our graduates’ success is the single most important measure of our own. The commitment we make to each of our trainees is to help them to achieve their very best. It is a job we love to do.
Our dynamic training program features:
- An incredible diversity of cases and pathology which easily rivals a university program setting
- Dedicated faculty and expert specialists who are committed to providing excellent resident education and patient care
- A spirit of family in a community of residents who care about each other
- A commitment to continual program improvement guided by resident and faculty feedback
- A simulation laboratory equipped with SimMan and other mannequins and models to train residents in emergency management and procedural skills
- A full range of support services which allow trainees to focus on patient care and learning
- A broad range of online curricula and learning resources
- An online board review and testing platform available to all residents throughout their training, along with an excellent board pass rate
- A beautiful suburban location in a mild four-season climate
The key to a vibrant and successful educational environment is the residents themselves. We seek enthusiastic, inquisitive and well-rounded professionals who seek a sense of community and are committed to teamwork and caring. The personal and professional needs of residents continually evolve over time; our hands-on approach personalizes our trainees' medical education and ensures that the needs of each individual are a first priority.