General Information for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Morristown Medical Center:
- Applications for internships are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Required application materials are the same as ERAS (two letters of recommendation from faculty, the Department of Medicine letter, the Dean's letter, formal transcripts and a personal statement).
- Applications for PGY-2 and PGY-3 positions will be accepted through our office as openings arise.
- International Medical Graduate applicants must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) no later than February 1, 2015.
Applications are screened on a rolling basis. We interview candidates whose academic and personal strengths indicate they would be a good fit for our program. Please indicate in your application if you will be participating in the couples match.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot answer telephone inquiries. We also request that applicants do not send documents to us by email or fax; we accept information solely through ERAS. We appreciate your understanding.
National Resident Match Program (NRMP) Numbers:
- Categorical Internal Medicine (NRMP 1394140C0)
- Preliminary Internal Medicine (NRMP 1394140P0)
- Preliminary Medicine/Radiology Track (NRMP 1394140P1)
Frequently Asked Questions About Applying to our Program
What is the application deadline?
We begin downloading applications September 15 of each year. The application deadline is November 1 of each year. Applications for PGY-1 positions are accepted only via ERAS.
When do you schedule interviews?
We begin interviewing in November and continue through January.
Do you offer preliminary positions?
Yes, we have a preliminary program.
Do you offer observerships?
Do you have a minimum United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) score?
Our minimum score is 220 on both USMLE I and II, or an equivalent score on the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medicine Licensing Examination (COMLEX). A competitive score will increase the strength of your application.
How long can I be out of medical school and still apply for your program?
We will consider candidates who graduated from medical school within the last five years. Candidates for whom more than five years have elapsed since the completion of their formal medical education may receive special consideration, if they demonstrate significant U.S. internal medicine clinical experience.
How can I get an interview?
We review all our applications through ERAS. Candidates with a diverse, excellent overall record are offered interviews. We take pride in reviewing candidates' entire profiles.
May I contact you if you have not looked at or downloaded my application yet?
We respectfully request you keep all communication through ERAS. Interview season is a very busy time for our faculty and staff; continued attempts to procure an interview outside of ERAS may actually diminish your chances.
Do you participate in the couples match?