Overlook Medical Center's Internal Medicine Residency Program is a three-year categorical community-based program. The hospital also provides a wide array of advanced subspecialty services, including cardiac catheterization, emergency angioplasty, dialysis, sleep medicine and advanced neuroscience interventions.
- Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- We received the maximum five years of accreditation from the Residency Review Committee (RRC) in 2008.
- Our general internal medicine and subspecialty faculty members are excellent educators and role models for the residents.
- We have placed recent graduates into fellowships in nephrology, infectious disease, pulmonary/critical care, cardiology, endocrinology, hematology/oncology, pain/palliative care and gastroenterology.
- We use a shift system on the medical floors and the ICU/CCU.
- Our chief resident is a liaison between the faculty and residents. He or she is actively involved in curriculum development, education and supervision of residents.
- Medical students from Saint George's University and Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine rotate through the Internal Medicine floors, ICU/CCU and a variety of electives.
- Atlantic Health System Libraries provide 24-hour access to Internet resources, a full complement of textbooks and journals, and information for health care providers, consumers and patients.
- Our program offers full benefits and salary.