Chilton Medical Center
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
At Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center, we understand that weight loss requires a personalized approach, which is why we’ve developed a comprehensive medical and surgical weight loss program that is tailored to meet your individual needs. Our multidisciplinary services include psychological, nutritional and exercise support every step of the way.
Morbid obesity is defined as more than 100 pounds overweight and/or suffering from obesity-related health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, joint disease or infertility. For those people, often the safest and most effective way to achieve substantial long-term weight loss is through a comprehensive approach that includes medical, psychological, nutritional, surgical, diet and exercise solutions.
We’re one of the only hospital-affiliated programs in the region to offer coordinated metabolic medicine and bariatric surgery. What’s more, we’re recognized for safety and a history of positive patient outcomes. In fact, Chilton Medical Center, Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center are accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program – a joint accreditation program between the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Our weight management services include:
- Comprehensive testing program; all patient testing is completed within a single 24-hour period at Overlook Medical Center
- Dedicated and specially-trained bariatric surgery health care team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, technicians and facilitators available at Chilton, Hackettstown, Morristown, Newton and Overlook medical centers
- Patient navigator, available at Overlook Medical Center, to guide patients and families through the weight management process
- Medically trained exercise physiologist at Morristown Medical Center who will create an exercise routine and goals specific to patients' unique lifestyles
- Collaboration between the American College of Nutrition and Morristown Medical Center to incorporate research-based protocols into patient treatment plans
- Private pay gastric band package, available at Morristown and Overlook medical centers, for laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAP-BAND® or REALIZE™ Band) procedures
Are You Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle?
Staying well requires that you not only understand the current status of your health, but also that you maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, exercising, getting enough sleep, and managing stress.