Morbid obesity is defined as more than 100 pounds overweight and/or suffering from obesity-related health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, joint disease or infertility. For those people, often the safest and most effective way to achieve substantial long-term weight loss is through a comprehensive approach that includes medical, psychological, nutritional, surgical, diet and exercise solutions.
Are you maintaining a healthy lifestyle? Take a short quiz to assess your diet and nutrition >
At Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center, we’re one of the only hospital-affiliated programs in the region to offer coordinated metabolic medicine and bariatric surgery. What’s more, we’re recognized for safety and a history of positive patient outcomes. In fact, Overlook Medical Center and Chilton Medical Center are accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program – a joint accreditation program between the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Our weight management services include:
- Comprehensive testing program; all patient testing is completed within a single 24-hour period at Overlook Medical Center
- Dedicated and specially-trained bariatric surgery health care team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, technicians and facilitators available at Chilton, Hackettstown, Morristown, Newton and Overlook medical centers
- Patient navigator, available at Overlook Medical Center, to guide patients and families through the weight management process
- Medically trained exercise physiologist at Morristown Medical Center who will create an exercise routine and goals specific to patients' unique lifestyles
- Collaboration between the American College of Nutrition and Morristown Medical Center to incorporate research-based protocols into patient treatment plans
- Private pay gastric band package, available at Morristown and Overlook medical centers, for laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAP-BAND® or REALIZE™ Band) procedures