Chilton Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center's bariatric surgery programs are accredited by the MBSAQIP.
What happens before and after bariatric surgery is just as important as the surgery itself. Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center provides comprehensive pre-surgery evaluation and preparation, plus an array of post-surgical medical and emotional support. We’re with patients every step of the way, helping them make a lifelong commitment to healthy habits and maximum weight loss.
Pre-Bariatric Preparatory Program
Before undergoing bariatric surgery at Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center, patients must try to lose weight through medical and nutritional techniques. If these therapies fail to achieve adequate results, our surgeons will evaluate whether he or she is a good candidate for surgical weight loss procedures. We offer several programs to help patients meet preoperative weight control requirements established by their individual insurance provider:
- Three-to-six-month medically monitored preoperative weight loss program
- Three-to-six month nutrition counseling program
- Nutrition evaluation and postoperative diet education
- Psychological evaluation
- Exercise recommendations
Post-Bariatric Surgery Program
- Corrected vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Decreased triglycerides
- Improved body image
- Improved metabolismImproved quality of life
- Increased high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (good cholesterol)
- Increased mobilityLower blood pressure
- Lower body mass index (BMI)
- Reduced blood sugar levels
- Reduced elevated levels of total and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
Our post-surgery program may include:
- Individualized counseling
- Metabolic monitoring
- Medication management
- Monitoring of vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Support groups and classes
Meet Our Bariatric Medical Team
Our expert bariatric team includes highly-trained and compassionate medical professionals, dedicated to providing a high-level support for patients at every step of the weight loss journey.
Search providers by location, specialty, hospital affiliation, provider type and more.