For a weight loss strategy to be successful, it needs to address not just caloric intake, but also how those calories are burned. That’s why Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center offers a metabolic weight loss program that assesses the way the body uses food for energy to develop a personalized weight loss regimen.
This may involve learning new skills, making significant lifestyle changes, taking new medications or even undergoing surgery.
Metabolic Intake Assessment
Our extensive metabolic evaluation consists of:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI) and waist measurements
- Complete medical history review, including diets and behavioral eating issues
- Physical examination by a metabolic physician
- Prescriptions for blood work and any necessary medical tests
- Resting metabolic rate and body composition analysis
Metabolic Weight Loss Treatment
Once the metabolic intake assessment is completed, one of our metabolic physicians will review the results with the patient. He or she will address any vitamin or mineral deficiencies, inflammation, hormonal imbalances, or other breakdowns in the normal metabolic process that may be preventing successful weight loss.
Additional metabolic weight loss treatments may include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Behavioral modifications
- Medically-supervised diet
- Management of any existing medications
- Prescription weight loss medications
- Nutrition counseling and personalized eating plans
- Exercise guidelines
- Stress management
- Referrals to other specialists, if needed
Insurance Coverage for Metabolic Weight Loss
We participate in most major insurance programs. However, it is important that you check with your carrier to be sure that your plan covers our services.