Chilton Medical Center
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center offers the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAP-BAND® or REALIZE™ Band) procedure – a surgical option that controls the amount of food that can be consumed at one time.
During the operation, a hollow silicone band is placed around the top of the stomach, creating a small pouch and narrow passageway. The band is then inflated with a saline solution. When the patient eats, food enters the pouch and is slowly emptied into the stomach via the narrowed passageway. The band can be adjusted by surgeons, as needed. Patients considering this procedure are carefully screened for dietary habits and preferences, as well as pre-existing gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Our Private Pay Package
At Morristown and Overlook medical centers, we offer a private pay package that costs $14,000 for the LAP-BAND®. This all-inclusive package consists of:
- Initial consultation with the surgeon, surgery, and two follow-up visits at the surgeon’s office and three adjustments within the first year
- Informational seminar prior to surgery
- Pre-admission testing
- Pre-operative nutrition evaluation and education
- One-hour, postoperative nutritional counseling, including InBody composition analysis – a test that measures the ratio between muscle mass and body fat
- Free access to support groups
Meet Our Bariatric Medical Team
Our expert bariatric team includes highly-trained and compassionate medical professionals, dedicated to providing a high-level support for patients at every step of the weight loss journey.
Search providers by location, specialty, hospital affiliation, provider type and more.