Chilton Medical Center offers a state-of-the-art Emergency Department complete with the latest technology and a staff that’s prepared to handle any kind of medical crisis. Patients can also expect minimal wait times and comforting amenities.
Emergency Department Medical Team
Our staff includes board-certified emergency medicine physicians, certified emergency nurses, radiologists, pediatricians and other specialists, when needed. They believe in open communication, a respect for privacy and treating each patient with compassion.
24/7 Specialized Emergency Services
- Stroke and critical care
- – Designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, Chilton Medical Center provides stroke patients with clot-busting medications (tPA) to improve long-term outcomes.
- Dedicated pediatric emergency department
- – Children ages newborn to 17 are seen by certified emergency pediatricians and nurses extensively trained in pediatric care and certified in pediatric advanced life support.
- Cardiovascular interventional lab
- – Our interventional cardiologists can rapidly diagnose heart problems and treat patients suffering from heart attacks through emergency angioplasty or therapeutic hypothermia – a revolutionary technique for minimizing organ damage after cardiac arrest.
- Psychiatric services
- – Psychiatrists provide crisis intervention for urgent mental health issues, including depression, marital or family problems and behavioral disorders.
- Emergency medical services
- – Atlantic Health System paramedics directly communicate with Chilton Medical Center physicians, so that emergency care can begin well before the patient arrives at the hospital.
When other specialized care is necessary, patients have seamless access to Atlantic Health System’s full range of medical services, physicians and resources.
Our Patient Transfer Center is a service offered to hospitals, physicians and family members who wish to transfer a patient to any Atlantic Health System hospital.