The Atlantic Fetal Diagnostic and Treatment Center at Morristown Medical Center is a comprehensive obstetric program for pregnant women who are carrying a baby with a congenital anomaly (birth defect) or other condition which may require multidisciplinary care. Staff will coordinate whatever additional consultations are necessary to aid in the management of birth defects that are detected prenatally.
During their treatment, pregnant women and their significant others can expect:
- An initial appointment with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist. From then on, a genetic counselor coordinates all of the prenatal consultations you need to ensure the best outcome possible for your pregnancy.
- Prenatal consultations may include meetings with pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, endocrinology, surgery, urology, orthopedics, genetics, etc.
- Our staff will schedule a consultation with the neonatologists at Goryeb Children’s Hospital to discuss the care your baby will require after birth.
- All of the education, counseling and support you need to manage your pregnancy.
When appropriate, we will refer you back to your primary obstetrician for delivery in your own community. However, if we anticipate that your baby will need highly specialized care after birth, we may recommend delivery at Morristown Medical Center with access to Sam’s NICU, one of the leading neonatal intensive care units in the country.
Who should see specialists in the Atlantic Fetal Diagnostic and Treatment Center?
If you are pregnant and your baby has been diagnosed with a birth defect or other condition which may require multidisciplinary care, you will have the option to enroll in the Atlantic Fetal Diagnostic and Treatment Center. Your obstetrician, genetic counselor or consulting perinatologist may discuss the program with you.
How does our Center help families?
We are dedicated to providing you with comprehensive care to ensure the best outcome for you and your baby. Our staff of board-certified maternal-fetal medicine specialists have all undergone advanced obstetric training in the management of women with complicated pregnancies. We offer the most sophisticated fetal diagnostic testing available in a warm, family-centered outpatient setting and work with your obstetrician throughout the course of your pregnancy.
We will coordinate all of your consultations with the appropriate specialists and coordinate follow-up with you after each consultation and maintain contact with you throughout your pregnancy and after delivery. In addition, we ensure that your obstetrician (and ultimately your pediatrician) are informed about all specialists whom you see or any procedures you undergo.
Our medical team is committed to supporting you, listening to your concerns, and providing you with information about your baby’s prenatal diagnosis. We want to make certain you have all the resources you need to help ensure the best possible outcome for you, your family, and your baby.
Our maternal fetal medicine physician services are provided in collaboration with a specialized Atlantic Medical Group practice.
Meet Our Medical Team
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Show Links Hide Links
- Fetal Cardiology
- Information on Preeclampsia
- Maternity Center Tours
- Maternity Services
- Personalized Genomic Medicine
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol