Emergency alert systems are devices, often in the form of a pendant or wrist unit, that can connect people to immediate help. They are ideal for individuals who live alone, are at risk for falling, or have serious medical concerns. Many of these services are privately paid; however, there are some community programs available to those with limited resources or who live in certain counties or towns.
For those with cognitive impairments, wandering or getting lost in familiar places can be a serious concern. Location systems help individuals with cognitive impairments stay safe and give their loved ones peace of mind.
- Project Lifesaver Program
Registers clients who are wear an electronic device, similar to the size of a watch, that sends out a signal monitored with equipment by specially trained officers.
- Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey
- Alzheimer’s Association Comfort Zone and Comfort Zone Check-In
Offers two GPS location management services that help families monitor a person with Alzheimer's or dementia.
- MedicAlert Foundation + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return
Membership provides a specialized live 24/7 emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer’s or related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency.
Telephone Reassurance Services
Telephone reassurance services have volunteers who place daily or regular phone calls to home-bound seniors. They offer friendly conversation as well as a routine check-in for safety. Most programs also have procedures in place to engage help should the recipient not answer the phone.
- Catholic Charities – Telephone Reassurance Program of Union County
- Essex County Division of Senior Services
- Morris County Division on Aging, Disabilities and Veterans
- Passaic County Department of Senior Services, Disabilities and Veterans Affairs
- Somerset County Office on Aging
- Sussex County Division of Senior Services
- Union County Division on Aging
- Volunteer Management Centers
- Warren County Division of Aging and Disability Services
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center
Geriatric Assessment Center
David and Joan Powell Center for Healthy Aging
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Email Us
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine