The Healthy Aging Program at Atlantic Health System suggests the following helpful resources to help seniors find information on support services in the community:
Emergency Response Systems
Emergency response systems are devices, often in the form of a pendant or wrist unit, which can connect people to immediate help. They are ideal for individuals who live alone, are at risk for falling, or wander and get lost. Many of these services are privately paid; however, there are some community programs available to those with limited resources or who live in certain counties or towns.
- Hope House Hope Connection
- Project Lifesaver Program – Morris County Sheriff’s Department
- Project Lifesaver Program – Somerset County Sheriff’s Department
- Project Lifesaver Program – Sussex County Sheriff’s Department
- Project Lifesaver Program – Union County Sheriff’s Department
- Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey
Telephone Reassurance Services
Telephone reassurance services have volunteers who place daily or regular phone calls to home-bound seniors. They offer friendly conversation as well as a routine check-in for safety. Most programs also have procedures in place to engage help should the recipient not answer the phone.
Photo Identification (ID)
A photo ID is required for many activities ranging from medical care to travel. For those who do not have a driver’s license, there are several options for obtaining a legal, photo ID.
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center
Geriatric Assessment Center
David and Joan Powell Center for Healthy Aging
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Email Us
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine