The Thyroid and Parathyroid Diagnostic Imaging and Treatment Center at Chilton Medical Center provides state-of-the-art diagnostic and radioactive imaging and treatment for patients with hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer, and parathyroid adenomas. We have an experienced, multidisciplinary team of diagnostic imaging specialists dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research and survivorship for patients with thyroid disorders.
Our care compares to the care given at metropolitan academic medical centers, including renowned subspecialists, access to clinical trials, leading-edge technology, innovative medical treatments, and compassionate support services. All this is available to patients within their own communities. What's more, our multidisciplinary team includes highly-trained and compassionate medical professionals and physicians, many of whom are recognized regionally and nationally as experts in their fields.
The Thyroid and Parathyroid Diagnostic Imaging and Treatment Center offers:
- Diagnostic ultrasound for the thyroid and cervical lymph nodes
- Diagnostic ultrasound, nuclear medicine
- Multiplexed Ion Beam Imaging (MIBI), and four-dimensional parathyroid CT for hard-to-find parathyroid adenomas
- Ultrasound-guided biopsies of thyroid nodules, parathyroid adenomas and lymph nodes
- Radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer
- Coordination of pre-ablation and post-ablation blood work including serum pregnancy tests, Thyroid Stimulatiing Hormone, and post thyrogen-stimulated whole body scan thyroglobulin and antibody levels
- Patient navigation to start immediately after thyroid cancer diagnosis and includes guidance in preparing for iodine ablation with thyrogen, low iodine diet, and radiation patient safety education
- Thyrogen-stimulated PET scanning for persistent or recurrent thyroid cancer
Meet Our Medical Team
Request More Information
Complete this form and someone will contact you within two business days.
Note: All requests are processed centrally and will be forwarded to the practice within the next business day.
North American residents only.