The Atlantic Thyroid Center at Chilton Medical Center provides state-of-the-art diagnostic and radioactive imaging and treatment for patients with hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer, and parathyroid adenomas. We have an experienced, multidisciplinary team of diagnostic imaging specialists dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research and survivorship for patients with thyroid disorders.
Our care compares to the care given at metropolitan academic medical centers, including renowned subspecialists, access to clinical trials, leading-edge technology, innovative medical treatments, and compassionate support services. All this is available to patients within their own communities. What's more, our multidisciplinary team includes highly-trained and compassionate medical professionals and physicians, many of whom are recognized regionally and nationally as experts in their fields.
Our Nurse Navigator is with You Every Step of the Way
Thyroid cancer patients will receive personalized treatment plans and have continual access to a dedicated nurse navigator. Your nurse navigator will assist with scheduling all your appointments, as well as guiding you through your entire process. This includes comprehensive education about tests and/or treatments and preparation instructions, with specific attention to the low iodine diet guidelines.
Your nurse navigator works with your referring physicians to coordinate insurance logistics and will remain available throughout the duration of your care to answer any questions or concerns. After treatment, your nursing navigator will continue to actively track your care in order to provide optimal thyroid cancer follow-up.
The Atlantic Thyroid Center at Chilton Medical Center offers:
- Diagnostic ultrasound for the thyroid and cervical lymph nodes
- Diagnostic ultrasound, nuclear medicine sestamibi imaging, and four-dimensional parathyroid CT for hard-to-find parathyroid adenomas
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsies of thyroid nodules, including molecular testing with ThyroSeq®, and ultrasound-guided biopsies of neck lymph nodes and parathyroid adenomas
- Radioactive iodine therapy for hyperthyroidism
- Radioactive iodine I-131 ablation treatment for thyroid cancer with accompanying I-123 uptake and whole body scans
- Thyrogen® injections are used instead of hormone withdrawal in thyroid cancer patients in order to improve patient comfort, treatment effectiveness, and accuracy of follow-up bloodwork
- Coordination of related blood work including serum pregnancy tests and Thyrogen® stimulated thyroglobulin and thyroglobulin antibody levels
- Thyrogen®-stimulated PET scanning for persistent or recurrent thyroid cancer
For those who need surgery for thyroid nodules or thyroid cancer, we refer patients to our physician partners at Morristown and Overlook medical centers.
Meet Our Medical Team
Request More Information
Complete this form and someone will contact you within two business days.
Note: All requests are processed centrally and will be forwarded to the practice within the next business day.
North American residents only.