Often, it can be a challenge to have to see different doctors to treat a certain thyroid disorder. At the Thyroid Center at Overlook Medical Center, we want to make it easier for you.
Here, our specialists are all within the same office. So if you need a doctor to treat unusual hormone distribution or a cancer surgeon — we are all here, and we all work together. What's convenient for the patient is that it is a comprehensive program so that no matter what your diagnosis, all services are available in one, convenient location.
New Patients and Referrals Welcome
Whether you already saw an endocrinologist and are being referred to our center for follow-up care, or this is your first visit with one of our endocrincologists, we are ready to treat you.
If you have not seen anyone regarding a thyroid disorder, you will first see one of our endocrinologists at Atlantic Medical Group's thyroid and endocrinology physician practice. Patients who have already seen a doctor outside of our thyroid center, and seeking follow-up care for their diagnosis, we welcome those patients, too.
Depending on diagnosis, you will then be referred to a specialist within the program and be guided throughout your visit in a multi-disciplinary fashion, to assure that you receive fast and thorough care. An experienced, caring team member will be assigned, to ensure that all your needs are met, and all your questions are being answered.
After diagnosis, our thyroid experts work with patients to create a personalized treatment plan and coordinate with our specialists, as needed.
Meet Our Medical Team Who Treats Thyroid Disorders
We are focused on detailed, in-depth care of a patient with thyroid disease, and are comprised of the following medical fields. Patients can see any of these medical specialists, depending on diagnosis:
Our multispecialty team at our center includes:
- Surgical oncologists
- Head and neck radiologists
- Ear, nose and throat specialists
Our experts can diagnose a thyroid disorder in several ways:
- Clinical evaluation of patients with thyroid disease
- Physical examination of the thyroid gland
- Laboratory testing of thyroid function
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule including molecular testing
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy of neck lymph nodes including thyroglobulin measurement of lymph node aspirates. Biopsy samples are examined by experienced cytopathologists.
- Radioactive iodine thyroid scan and uptake
- Radioactive iodine therapy for hyperthyroidism
Treatment for thyroid disorders can include any of the following:
- Thyroid surgery for thyroid nodule and thyroid cancer
- Thyrogen stimulated I-131 ablation therapy for thyroid cancer
- Thyrogen stimulated I-131 whole body scan, ultrasound of the neck for lymph node mapping and thyroglobulin level for the follow up of thyroid cancer
Request More Information
Complete this form and someone will contact you within two business days.
Note: All requests are processed centrally and will be forwarded to the practice within the next business day.
North American residents only.