Often, it can be a challenge to have to see different doctors to treat a certain thyroid disorder. At the Atlantic Thyroid Center at Overlook Medical Center, we want to make it easier for you.
Here, our specialists are all within the same office. So if you need a doctor to treat unusual hormone distribution or a cancer surgeon — we are all here, and we all work together. What's convenient for the patient is that it is a comprehensive program so that no matter what your diagnosis, all services are available in one, convenient location.
New Patients and Referrals Welcome
Whether you already saw an endocrinologist and are being referred to our center for follow-up care, or this is your first visit with one of our endocrinologists, we are ready to treat you.
If you have not seen anyone regarding a thyroid disorder, you will first see one of our endocrinologists at Atlantic Medical Group's thyroid and endocrinology physician practice. Patients who have already seen a doctor outside of our thyroid center, and seeking follow-up care for their diagnosis, we welcome those patients, too.
Depending on diagnosis, you will then be referred to a specialist within the program and be guided throughout your visit in a multi-disciplinary fashion, to assure that you receive fast and thorough care. An experienced, caring team member will be assigned, to ensure that all your needs are met, and all your questions are being answered.
After diagnosis, our thyroid experts work with patients to create a personalized treatment plan and coordinate with our specialists, as needed.
Meet Our Medical Team Who Treats Thyroid Disorders
We are focused on detailed, in-depth care of a patient with hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer. Patients can see any of these medical specialists, depending on diagnosis:
- Surgical oncologists
- Head and neck radiologists
- Ear, nose and throat specialists
Our experts can diagnose a thyroid disorder in several ways:
- Clinical evaluation of patients with thyroid disease
- Physical examination of the thyroid gland
- Laboratory testing of thyroid function
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodule including molecular testing
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of neck lymph nodes including thyroglobulin measurement of lymph node aspirates. Biopsy samples are examined by experienced cytopathologists.
- Thyrogen® stimulated I-123 whole body scan for thyroid cancer
- Radioactive iodine thyroid scan and uptake for hyperthyroidism
Treatment for thyroid disorders can include any of the following:
- I-131 radioablation therapy for hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid surgery for thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
- Thyrogen stimulated I-131 ablation therapy for thyroid cancer
Request More Information
Complete this form and someone will contact you within two business days.
Note: All requests are processed centrally and will be forwarded to the practice within the next business day.
North American residents only.