PLEASE NOTE: Atlantic Health System’s Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Atlantic Health System. You may access a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices electronically at the link below, or upon request, you may obtain a paper copy by contacting our Privacy Officer at:
Atlantic Health System, Inc.
475 South Street, PO Box 1905
Morristown, NJ 07962
Telephone Phone: 973-660-3143
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from you: Personal Information and Browsing Information.
1. Personal Information. The types of Personal Information that Atlantic Health System collects may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- Contact information (e.g., your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, password, and other login information);
- Demographic information (e.g., date of birth, marital status);
- Resume information (e.g., education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status);
- Personal financial information, or other personal information that you choose to disclose to us.
In general, we do not collect Personal Information unless you choose to provide it. You are generally not required to submit any Personal Information to use our Site; however, you may be asked to provide Personal Information to gain access to some of our content. For example, you may choose to provide your contact information in order to receive information from us regarding our services or to register for an event.
2. Browsing Information. Atlantic Health System may collect browsing and other technical information about you when you visit our Site. This may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Browsing Information”):
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- Browser language and type;
- Domain name system requirements;
- Browsing history, such as time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit, and number of clicks;
- http headers, application client and server banners;
- Operating system and fingerprinting data;
- Geolocation; and/or
- Similar behavioral and usage information.
How Information is Collected and Used:
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide through correspondence that you and others direct to us, for example email communications;
- Information we receive from you, or on your behalf, through information you submit on our Site;
- Information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- Information we receive from our partners or service providers; and
- Information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may collect Browsing information and use such information as follows:
- Computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address or browser type: Our web server automatically collects the IP address of the computers that access our Site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we may use it to personalize the information you see on our Site and some of the electronic communications you receive from us.
- Pixel tracking: A tracking pixel is a piece of code embedded on a web page of a website that collects information about a user’s engagement on that page. Tracking pixels may include a command to create cookies that can follow a user across different websites, including non-Atlantic Health System sites.
- Aggregated Statistics: We may collect statistics about the behavior of users on our Site. For instance, we may monitor the most popular forums on our Site. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
- Web Beacons: Our Site may also contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number, time and date of page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party parties. These Web Beacons do not carry any personal information and are only used to track usage of our Site and activities associated with our Site, including but not limited to online features, services and/or programs offered.
Google Analytics. Like many websites, we also use Google Analytics to collect information about your use of our Site. This may include frequency of visitation, pages viewed and other sites visited prior to ours. Google sets cookies and may also read preexisting cookies to collect data from your web browser, such as the domain from which you access the Internet, the web address of the website from which you linked to our site, the time and date of your visit, the web pages that you view and click through, and your IP address. This information is stored on Google’s servers. Google uses this information to provide us with reports about traffic to our Site and your visit to our Site. Find additional information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data >
How We Use Personal and Browsing Information We Collect:
- To improve our products and services that we perform for you;
- To provide products and services to you;
- To communicate with you and to inform you about Atlantic Health System’s and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently;
- To operate, evaluate, and improve Atlantic Health System’s operations, including but not limited to the operation of this Site.
If you have any questions or to opt-out of certain sharing of information, please let us know by sending your questions or requests to:
Atlantic Health System
When Information is Disclosed:
If you participate on our Site by writing posts or responses, or importing a blog or other content, you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose on our Site can be read, collected, and used by other users of our Site. We are not responsible for information that you choose to submit to our Site and any forums therein. Your contributions may be searchable on our Site and some content on our Site may be public and searchable on the Internet. Even after you have closed your account or deleted information from your own profile, information you have shared with others or that others have copied may remain visible. Also, you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate information about you that other Site users copied or exported out of our Site, because this information may not be in Atlantic Health System’s control. We may use comments, information or feedback that you may submit in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
Third Party Information Sharing:
We may share Browsing Information with third parties to demonstrate the usage patterns for Atlantic Health System advertisements, content, functionality, promotions and/or services on our Site and to provide us with analytics services in connection with our Site.
Although certain third parties to whom we disclose Personal and/or Browsing Information are contractually bound to keep your information secure and private, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of third party privacy policies and safety measures.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We may retain collected Personal Information and/or Browsing Information for an indefinite period of time. As described below, we have reasonable security measures in place to help protect the data that we collect and retain. However, no system can be completely secure, and we make no guarantees as to the safety or security of any information transmitted through our services.
Employment Opportunity Information:
For individuals interested in job opportunities with Atlantic Health System, our Site may allow prospective employees to request additional job opportunity information or submit a response to a job opportunity. Our Site may be used to collect Personal Information from prospective employees for human resources recruitment purposes. By submitting any of the foregoing information, you consent to its dissemination to, and use by, us and our affiliates. The foregoing also applies to job application inquiries that you may transmit to us other than through our Site.
A Note to Parents and Legal Guardians:
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) governs how information is gathered online and how it is used when communication is received from children under the age of 13. Although Atlantic Health System is a non-commercial, nonprofit organization and is not subject to COPPA, we take children’s privacy and safety very seriously.
If you are under the age of 13, please ask your parents to help you in using those parts of our Site that ask for Personal Information, and ask your parents for permission before you send any information about yourself (e.g., your name, address, email address, etc.) to Atlantic Health System or anyone else over the Internet, and before making any online purchases.
Privacy Outside Our Site:
Our Site may contain links to other websites, including links to third-party service providers. Atlantic Health System is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
Our Site Security:
We make every effort to ensure that information collected through our Site is not lost, misused or altered inappropriately by administering security measures. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures and safeguards to keep the Personal Information and Browsing Information that is disclosed to us secure. Firewalls are in place to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. A firewall controls traffic between the Internet and our internal network and protects your information stored within our systems from outsiders. Systems are monitored for suspicious activity to prevent any breaches in security. Any data provided by you sits behind this firewall; however, Atlantic Health System cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. PLEASE NOTE THAT, BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. FURTHERMORE, ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTROL THE DEVICES OR COMPUTERS OR THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND CANNOT, THEREFORE, PREVENT SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION WHILE IN TRANSIT TO ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM. ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS OR TRANSMISSIONS SINCE ANY TRANSMISSION MADE OVER THE INTERNET BY ANY ORGANIZATION OR INDIVIDUAL RUNS THE RISK OF INTERCEPTION.
Do Not Track Signals:
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Atlantic Health System does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Certain functionality on our Site is specially designed to permit interactions that you initiate between our Site and third party websites or services, including third party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to transmit content to our Site from your account on a third party website or service, and to “like” or “share” our content on our Site to other websites or services.
If you choose to use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our Site or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references Atlantic Health System (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Atlantic Health System in a tweet or status update), your post may be published on our Site in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. In addition, both Atlantic Health System and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our Site and the third party site or service. We may also receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
Last updated: August 16, 2018