Atlantic Health System’s Child Life Internship Program is a full-time position that meets all of the standards for child life certification. It is offered several times throughout the year with each session covering a minimum of 16 weeks or 600 hours. Interns rotate through both Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Center at Overlook Medical Center in Summit while under the supervision of our certified child life specialists.
Child Life Internship Program Requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate in child life or related field
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Completion of current Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) coursework requirements
Applications must include:
- Current resume
- 300 to 500 word essay that describes the applicant's goals for the internship or personal child life philosophy
- Copy of college transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendations with at least one referencing the applicant's abilities in working with children
- Completed ACLP common child life internship application
- Documentation of 100 hours of prior volunteer experience working with children and families in an established child life program in a pediatric setting or a child life practicum
- ACLP eligibility assessment
- If the internship will be conducted for academic credit, a description of academic requirements and the role of the university supervisor must also be provided
Completed applications may be sent to our mailing address.