The program is a one-year fellowship with two educational objectives:
- To provide fellows with a deep dive into the complex problem of HCM and the care of athletes
- To educate fellows in cardiac surgical, interventional cardiology and advanced cardiac imaging techniques, leveraging our nationally-recognized in-house clinical experts
Our faculty members are specialists committed to mentoring fellows. They bring broad experience and knowledge to our fellows' cardiovascular training focused on HCM and the cardiovascular care of athletes.
The following is required to enter the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) and Sports Cardiology Fellowship at Morristown Medical Center:
- A passing score on all three USMLE steps
- Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certification of Eligibility for American Board of Medical Specialties in Cardiovascular Disease
- A full New Jersey medical license (limited license if on visa) if accepted into the program
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate for international applicants
- J-1 visa for non-U.S. citizens
- Successful completion or anticipated completion of a 3-year ACGME accredited cardiovascular disease fellowship program
How to Apply
Applications for 2023–2024 academic year are currently open and due May 15, 2022.
Interested applicants for the fellowship program should submit the following to the program coordinator via email >
- Current curriculum vitae
- One-page personal statement
- At least two letters of recommendation (from clinical and/or research supervisors who know the applicant well)
All interested individuals who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.