Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States other than skin cancer. Earlier stages of the condition present no symptoms, but later stages may result in a lump in the breast or armpit; changes in the size, shape or feel of the breast; and fluid discharge from the nipple.
Patients who have already been diagnosed with breast cancer, as well as those looking to be proactive about their breast health, can turn to Atlantic Health System Cancer Care for a wide array of diagnostic, treatment and support resources.
Breast Health Services:
- Dedicated breast centers offering a wide range of programs, preventative screenings – such as mammograms – and personalized breast cancer disease management
- The latest imaging technology, like 3D mammography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and breast ultrasound
- Advanced treatments, including RealART Real-Time Treatment Planning, CyberKnife and DIEP flap surgery
- Individualized care plans that integrate traditional and complementary therapies, such as relaxation, nutrition, guided imagery, meditation, yoga, massage and music therapy
- Support services designed for patients in all stages of cancer management, as well as their caregivers and family members
- Access to clinical trials using new drugs and ground-breaking treatments
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Patient education and psychotherapy
Breast Health Medical Team
Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians includes medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, pathologists and plastic surgeons. Together, they collaborate with an experienced staff of oncology nurses, social workers, radiation therapists, registered oncology dietitians and other cancer care providers to deliver comprehensive, compassionate breast care.
Breast cancer services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.