The Division of General Pediatrics at Goryeb Children's Hospital provides comprehensive, compassionate health care to infants, children and adolescents in northern New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania and southern New York in both inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Some services provided through general pediatrics are:
- Newborn nursery – We provide direct newborn care and trains the residents in the care of both well and ill newborns. Teaching families in the care of their newly born infant is central to the division's mission. The newborn nursery serves as a training site for pediatric residents.
- Inpatient pediatrics – We provide direct care and consultative services for infants, children and adolescents who require inpatient care. A pediatric hospitalist with specialized knowledge of inpatient pediatrics provides evidence-based academic care and serves as a role model and educator for the pediatric residents and students.
- Family Health Center and HealthStart Clinic – These two sites serve a vital role in the community to provide care to the children of Morris and Union counties in New Jersey who otherwise would lack access to care. Fundamental to the division's mission of education, these ambulatory sites provide primary training for pediatric residents. The resident physicians maintain a panel of patients under the direct supervision of an attending member of the division. The patients benefit by receiving academic, evidence based, primary care that otherwise would not be available to them.
- Atlantic Medical Group – We have practices that provides routine health supervision, acute and chronic illness care to infants, children and adolescents and serves as a training site for first year pediatric residents in a private practice setting.
- Medical Education
- Community Pediatrics – We provide medical services and educational programs for local schools, daycare centers and businesses. The division has established close-working relationships with the local and state organizations involved in the prevention of child abuse and neglect.