Overlook Medical Center's modernized emergency department boasts 51 private examination rooms with centralized nursing stations for continuous patient monitoring and a four-room fast-track area for treatment of minor illnesses. We also have a highly-trained staff of emergency medicine board-certified physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and registered professional nurses certified in emergency care.
Emergency services, available 24/7, include:
- Behavioral health
- – for crisis intervention in high-risk patients
- Cardiovascular care
- – for emergency procedures and advanced care, including the administration of thrombolytic and cardiac catheterization options
- Comprehensive stroke care
- – for the treatment of stroke, cerebrovascular and transient ischemic accidents using telemedicine and robotic services, among other treatments
- Integrative medicine bedside services
- – includes relaxation techniques and guided imagery
- – for the surgical treatment of neurological disorders using the Merci Retrieval System®, among other devices
- Pediatric emergency and child life services
- – for the care of both minor injuries and life-threatening illnesses in children
- Plastic surgery
- – for reconstruction after an accident or injury
- Radiology suites and diagnostic equipment
- – includes magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound
For the convenience and comfort of our patients and their families, we have dedicated emergency department parking next to our parking garage, with handicap accessibility and valet parking. The lobby is modernized and includes both TV and Wi-Fi, with an adjacent area designed for children.
Our Patient Transfer Center is a service offered to hospitals, physicians and family members who wish to transfer a patient to any Atlantic Health System hospital.