Morristown Medical Center
The Valve and Structural Heart Center is located at The Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown Medical Center and is New Jersey’s largest structural heart program, providing patients with excellent, innovative heart care. Where you go for valve and structural heart disease care matters.
We perform more than 900 transcatheter valve procedures annually, placing our program in the top 3% of all structural heart programs in the United States. We have received the American College of Cardiology's Transcatheter Valve Certification highlighting our commitment to providing the highest level of care. In addition, we offer a number of clinical trials for the treatment of valvular and structural heart disease that are sponsored by well-known pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device companies.
Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute offers its patients individualized care at a hospital named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery by U.S. News and World Report, one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades, and U.S. News and World Report #1 overall in New Jersey for four years in a row. Nationally ranked in cardiology since 2012, the heart care team at Atlantic Health System includes cardiologists with expertise in multiple disciplines, vascular specialists, cardiac surgeons and allied health professionals.
- The Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown Medical Center was the first hospital in New Jersey to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) for severe aortic stenosis and treats more valve patients than any other hospital in New Jersey. Morristown Medical Center has performed more than 2,600 TAVR procedures.
- Received American College of Cardiology (ACC) Transcatheter Valve Certification. Only 6% of 750+ hospitals performing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) have achieved this elite recognition of best practices and quality care.
- Comprehensive structural heart multi-disciplinary team including the latest in transcatheter valve technologies.
- Committed to research and are currently enrolling in thirteen national/global studies.
- Morristown Medical Center randomized the first patient in the world to the EARLY TAVR Trial (Evaluation of Transcatheter Compared to Surveillance) for patients with asymptomatic severe aortic stenosis.
- Morristown Medical Center performed world’s first catheter-based mitral valve repair in the CLASP IID Pivotal Trial.
- Our co-director was named one of the world’s most highly cited researchers. Only one in 1,000 scientists receive this designation. His papers rank in the top 1% of citations for clinical medicine for a second year.
- All of our valve and structural heart disease surgery patients recover in a dedicated, all-private, 36 bed unit.
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.