At Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, we’re with you every step of the way, helping to make a lifelong commitment to healthy habits and maximum weight loss. What happens before and after bariatric surgery is just as important as the surgery itself.
Pre-Bariatric Preparatory Program
Before undergoing bariatric surgery, patients must try to lose weight through medical and nutritional techniques. If these therapies fail to achieve adequate results, our surgeons will evaluate whether he or she is a good candidate for surgical weight loss procedures. We offer several programs to help patients meet preoperative weight control requirements established by their individual insurance provider:
- Three-to-six-month medically monitored preoperative nutrition counseling and weight loss program
- Psychological evaluation
- Evaluation by a gastroenterologist
- Evaluation for sleep apnea, if applicable
- Post-Bariatric Surgery Program
After your surgery, our team will continue to work closely with you to monitor progress in a number of different areas:
- Weight loss and lower body mass index (BMI)
- Corrected vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Monitor to reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides, and improve high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (good cholesterol)
- Improvement in body image, metabolism, mobility and quality of life
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved blood sugar levels and diabetes management
- Nutritional counseling
- Support groups and classes
We also encourage bariatric surgery patients to follow up with a metabolic physician who may adjust medications, evaluate protein requirements, assess fluid losses and electrolyte changes, determine the need for vitamin and mineral supplementation, and monitor malabsorption and reduced capacity to hold food.
Need Help Scheduling Your Appointment?
Please use the form to request more information. All requests will be forwarded to our practice within two business days.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Locations
435 South Street
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine, Suite 360
Morristown, NJ 07960
Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 4:00pm
1125 Route 22 West
Bridgewater, NJ 08807