At Advanced Surgical Associates, we take the time to meet with each patient for an in-depth examination of their condition and their health.
Many of the abdominal procedures are now offered by our surgeons by minimally invasive and laparoscopic methods. However, open surgery is sometimes the best option, depending on the individual patient’s medical condition and needs. We have many years of expertise performing these soft-tissue and abdominal cavity operations, including:
- Hernia Repair: Hernias can form in multiple areas and for multiple reasons. Hernias do not repair themselves and as such will eventually require surgery to be corrected. Some hernia repairs can be performed as part of a separate primary surgery. See all types of hernias we treat >
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): GERD surgery is performed when medications and lifestyle change have not adequately addressed the problem or when a hiatal hernia is the cause. A primary risk factor for GERD is obesity, and if a patient is undergoing weight loss surgery, their condition may be improved or eliminated as a result. Learn more about GERD Surgery >
- Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy): The gallbladder can be removed, in a procedure called a cholecystectomy, as a standalone procedure or during a primary bariatric surgery procedure.
- Hiatal Hernia: While this may seem like a painful condition, many people do not have symptoms and won’t know they even have a hiatal hernia.
- Colorectal Surgery: The colon or large intestine represents a higher risk location for malignancy, especially in patients over the age of 50. However, with proper screening many cases are preventable. For cases that have progressed to the early stages of colon cancer, surgery is a very effective treatment.
Other surgeries we perform include:
Ready for the Next Step?
Are you a candidate for weight loss surgery? One of the first requirements for people interested in weight loss surgery is to participate in a webinar. Whether it is on-demand, or a live session, these webinars are free. They serve to educate potential, qualified patients on the benefits and risks.
Decide if you want to either watch our video on your own schedule, or join us during our monthly, interactive, live webinar.
Watch it Anytime, Anywhere
Watch a pre-recorded presentation presented by Dr. Feteiha that explains everything you need to know about bariatric surgery and whether it is the right choice for you.
Join Our Monthly Interactive Webinar
If you have more questions or want to participate in a live webinar with Dr. Feteiha, this is a more appropriate option for you. Our interactive webinars, which meet at 6:00pm on the first Monday of every month, guard your privacy and are in a HIPAA-regulated secure environment.
Request an Appointment
Please use the form to request more information.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.