According to the American Heart Association, preventing heart disease (and all cardiovascular diseases) means making smart choice now that will pay off the rest of your life. That’s why physicians at Atlantic Medical Group have teamed up with the American Heart Association in an effort to improve managing cholesterol with their Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ program.
The Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol initiative aims to improve the identification and management of cholesterol across the nation. This national initiative aims to reduce the number of Americans, young and old, who have heart attacks and strokes by urging medical practices, health care organizations, and patients to screen and treat this important risk factor.
Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol supports physicians and care teams by offering access to the latest research, tools, and resources to reach and sustain cholesterol control rates among the adult patient population that they serve. Join us today to help improve the health of the nation. Our goals are:
- Increase awareness of cholesterol as a significant cardiovascular disease risk factor: what it is, how to manage and maintain, and to know one’s risk
- Educate, engage and influence patients to better manage their cholesterol through medication adherence, tools and resources
Takeaways for Patients:
- Know your risks for high cholesterol
- Talk to your health care provider about treating cholesterol, medical adherence and medical accessibility
- Understand the relationship between lifestyle and cholesterol
- Use the new tools and resources to help you understand more about cholesterol and minimize your risk
At Atlantic Medical Group, we not only provide excellent medical care, but also remain active in clinical research trials from which our current and future patients may benefit, as well as in the education of medical students and residents. Our participation in clinical trials, including studies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, has helped expand treatment options for patients with high triglycerides and cholesterol.
Heart Care Prevention Resources
- For Patients: American College of Cardiology
- For Professionals: American College of Cardiology
- Cholesterol Tools and Resources
- Atlantic Medical Group Heart Care Resources
- My Cholesterol Guide
- How Statins Work
- Your Cholesterol Score Explained
- Cholesterol Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- What Are Cholesterol-Lowering Medications?
- How Can I Improve My Cholesterol?
- Answers by Heart fact sheets (a series of downloadable patient information sheets presented in a Q & A format)
- AtlanticView: "Inherited High Cholesterol Can be a Silent Killer"
- DASH Diet to Lower High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Mediterranean Diet
- Food Diary
- The ABCs of Primary Cardiovascular Prevention: 2019 Update