Most wounds heal on their own, but those that do not significantly improve within four to six weeks or are accompanied by redness, warmth, tenderness or increased drainage, may be a sign of a chronic wound. These are often caused by diabetes, poor circulation, pressure ulcers, vascular disease and burns.
Atlantic Health System’s wound healing centers offer modern treatments that can prevent infection, loss of tissue, amputation and permanent disability. The majority of patients in our program, even those who have had chronic wounds for years, heal successfully and resume daily activities faster.
Services available at our wound healing centers may include:
- Advanced therapies combining both medical and surgical techniques
- Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses (CWOCN), who hold outpatient clinics for ostomy patients for appliance fittings, stomal markings and troubleshooting
- Comprehensive case management, including dressing and appliance orders, home care arrangements and communication with physicians
- Consultation services for hospitalized patients
- Individualized treatment plans
- Multidisciplinary team of physicians, wound care clinicians and technicians
- Pre-procedural testing, including X-ray and laboratory services
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- State-of-the-art hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Transcutaneous monitoring system (TCOM), which provides valuable information about oxygen flow to the legs and feet, replacing more invasive diagnostic procedures and directing the best possible course of treatment
- Wound nursing care research
Wound care services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.
Chilton Medical Center
Comprehensive Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
Hackettstown Medical Center
Newton Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center - Medical Arts Center (MAC) II
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
Wound Healing Program
Overlook Medical Center - Union Campus
Overlook Wound Healing
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Firefighter Daryl R. is used to putting others first, often at the risk of his own well-being. However, when his uncontrolled diabetes resulted in a serious wound on his foot, he knew he could no longer deny there was a problem. On the advice of a fellow firefighter, he went to Overlook Wound Healing – Union Campus for expert care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Doctors there saved his foot and helped him better manage his diabetes.
Personalized care at Morristown, Overlook and Chilton medical centers yields high patient satisfaction scores.
Morristown and Overlook medical centers have a 96.4 percent healing rate. Chilton Medical Center has a 97 percent healing rate.
If you and your physician feel that you would benefit from home care – whether to prevent or postpone a hospitalization, or to help with recovery after a hospital stay – our team of visiting nurses and rehabilitation experts can develop an individualized plan of care to meet your needs.