Overlook Family Medicine offers a wide range of patient-centered care for the community in a friendly, caring environment. Our primary care physicians, nurse practitioner and social worker can treat each member of your family – from newborns to the elderly. In addition to medical care, our practice also provides an educational environment for resident physicians preparing for certification in family medicine.
Overlook Family Medicine provides the following health care services:
- Continuity of care from your personal physician and our health care team, from birth to end of life, including hospital admissions and nursing home care
- Adult primary care: annual wellness visits; preoperative clearance; preventive health care screenings, counseling and referrals such as mammograms, colorectal screenings, cholesterol screenings, depression screenings and smoking cessation counseling
- Women’s health care: Pap smears, contraceptive counseling, pregnancy tests, pre-pregnancy counseling, breastfeeding support, screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, colposcopies
- Pediatric primary care: pediatric wellness visits; newborn hospital visits; childhood vaccinations; preventive screenings for vision, hearing and anemia; same-day sick visits, developmental milestones; autism screenings; accident prevention advice
- Adolescent health care: annual wellness visits; adolescent vaccinations and health screenings; behavioral counseling for tobacco, alcohol and drug use; sexual health
- Senior care: annual wellness visits, fall screenings, dementia screenings, vision and hearing screenings, nursing home care, palliative care and hospice care, home visits
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, high cholesterol, asthma, COPD (chronic bronchitis/emphysema)
- Diabetes services: certified diabetic educator, diabetes group visits
- Urgent care for minor illness and injury: same-day visits for acute illnesses, accidents
- Minor surgical procedures: skin biopsies, wart removal, joint injections, drainage of abscesses
- Individual and family counseling
- Inpatient hospital care
Our practice proudly serves as a training site for physicians in the specialty of family medicine, serving the Overlook Medical Center community since 1973. As an academic facility affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, our mission is to provide high-quality medical education to our learners and compassionate, cost-effective services to patients and families consistent with the latest medical evidence.
Learn more about: