This one-year program, accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), is based in Morristown. The state-of-the-art Leonard Szerlip Dental Center at Morristown Medical Center includes seven operatories, a laboratory, sterilization area, panorex and darkroom.
- Established in 1972
- Level I Trauma Center
- Four resident positions
- Private practice environment
- Volunteer attending staff of 107, with half representing all dental specialties
- 9,000 patient visits a year with 24,000 procedures performed
- Dental center hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
The intent of this residency program is to ensure that our resident doctors are well-prepared general dentists who are able to:
- Provide emergency care and direct multidisciplinary comprehensive treatment for patients, including those with special needs. This includes participation and coordination in both medical and dental teams.
- Manage their practices in a way that allows them to achieve successful outcomes in an efficient manner.
- Diagnose, treat and consult for hospital patients, including the medically compromised and those with special needs.
- Understand the importance of active involvement in community service through the treatment of patients in our clinic and participation in community oral health initiatives.
- Fully understand the importance of continuing education and the application of scientific principles when evaluating changing treatment modalities in oral health care.