General Information for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Morristown Medical Center:
- Applications for internships are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Required application materials are the same as ERAS (two letters of recommendation from faculty, the Department of Medicine letter, the Dean's letter, formal transcripts and a personal statement).
- Applications for PGY-2 and PGY-3 positions will be accepted through our office as openings arise.
- International Medical Graduate applicants must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) no later than February 1 of the year applicants are seeking to begin their training.
- We will be interviewing virtually for the 2022-2023 recruitment season for our invited applicants.
We start reviewing applications as soon as ERAS is open for program review.
We interview candidates whose academic and personal strengths indicate they would be a good fit for our program. Please indicate in your application if you will be participating in the couples match.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret we cannot answer telephone or email inquiries. We also request that applicants do not send documents to us by email or fax; we accept information solely through ERAS. We appreciate your understanding and compliance with these important requests.
National Resident Match Program (NRMP) Numbers:
- Categorical Internal Medicine (NRMP 1394140C0)
- Preliminary Internal Medicine (NRMP 1394140P0)
Frequently Asked Questions About Applying to Our Program
What is the application deadline?
We begin downloading applications as soon as ERAS is open for Program Directors. The application deadline is typically November 1 of each year, or about one month after ERAS opens for programs. Applications for PGY-1 positions are accepted only via ERAS.
When do you schedule interviews?
We begin interviewing in November and continue through January.
Do you offer preliminary positions?
Yes, we have a preliminary program.
Do you offer observerships?
No. But we do offer sub-internships or elective rotations for those students currently enrolled in medical schools in the United States.
Do you have a minimum United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) score?
While a competitive score will increase the strength of your application, we try our best to evaluate applications holistically to ensure we achieve our mission of diversity, equity and inclusion as we understand many factors play into performance on standardized examinations.
How can I get an interview?
We review all our applications through ERAS. Candidates with a diverse, excellent overall record are offered interviews. We take pride in reviewing candidates' entire profiles.
May I contact you if you have not looked at or downloaded my application yet?
We respectfully request you keep all communication through ERAS. Interview season is a very busy time for our faculty and staff; continued attempts to procure an interview outside of ERAS may actually diminish your chances.
Do you participate in the couples match?