Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to Morristown Medical Center's residency programs:
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates AND are graduates of schools approved by the New Jersey State Department of Education OR have a full and unrestricted New Jersey State license to practice medicine.
- Candidates may be considered who are currently enrolled in foreign medical schools if they are eligible for the Restricted Interim Certificate from ECFMG, issued to students who have passed the Basic Science, Clinical Science and English examinations and are awaiting the issuance of their medical school diplomas.
Each year we have six categorical and two non-designated preliminary spots in our program. In order to be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
- Medical student applicants to our training program must use ERAS to submit information to be considered for placement.
- Applicants must have graduated from an approved medical school within three years of the date of application.
- All applicants must have passed both Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE or Level 1 and Level 2 of the COMLEX. (It is required that PGY1 level residents register for Step 3 or Level 3 before being promoted to the PGY2 level of training).
- Our cut-off score in general is 220, however we review the entire application and the selection is not based exclusively on scores.
- Applications must be complete by November 1st of the application year.
All applicants must be submitted through the ERAS Application Service
To apply for this program through ERAS you will be required to submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dean's Letter
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript and diploma or certificate
- Personal statement
- Photograph (preferred but not required)
- USMLE Steps I and II or Level 1 and Level 2