Morristown Medical Center
The first step in successful cardiac care is timely, accurate diagnosis. Atlantic Health System Heart Care provides a comprehensive range of surgical and non-surgical diagnostic tests and procedures. Our heart health teams at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center and Hackettstown Medical Center work with your doctor to determine your needs and start you on the right cardiac treatment path to live a longer, more productive life.
Atlantic Health System has earned numerous awards and accreditations for its diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular disease:
- Ranked a top hospital nationwide for cardiology & heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report (Morristown Medical Center)
- Recipient of the American College of Cardiology's ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for improvement in the treatment of heart attack patients (Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers)
- Accredited by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) Echocardiography (Morristown, Overlook, Newton and Hackettstown Medical Centers)
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Morristown Medical Center)
- Coronary Care Unit and Cardiac Unit winner of the silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute)
- One of only 60 hospitals in the nation to receive the Gold Seal of Approval™ Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission for our ventricular assist device (VAD) program (Morristown Medical Center)
- Cardiac surgery program received a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, a rating achieved by just 10 percent of all cardiac surgery programs nationwide (Morristown Medical Center)
- The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program received accreditation by The Joint Commission; Certification: American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) (Newton and Chilton Medical Centers)
- Received accredition in adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress echocardiography: Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) (Newton Medical Center)
Heart care services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.
Growing Forward | Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute
As a national leader in cardiovascular care and the largest program in the state, Morristown Medical Center’s Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute tirelessly confronts the challenges posed by heart disease, but the community we serve has grown. To meet the demand, we have proposed a two floor expansion adding 72 beds. The hospital has undertaken these projects in multiple phases of construction, and even though some are complete or near completion the fundraising continues.