Although dizziness is among the most common symptom seen by physicians and may go away on its own, patients with vertigo, motion sickness or frequent, unexplained falls, may need comprehensive treatment to achieve quality of life. That’s why Atlantic Rehabilitation provides balance, or vestibular, rehabilitation services that are customized to individual needs and health goals.
Balance Disorder Treatments
- Initial assessment – provided by a physical therapist and an audiologist trained in identifying and managing balance disorders
- Videonystagmography and auditory brainstem response tests – exams used to determine the source of vertigo and other balance problems
- NeuroCom Balance Master – computerized evaluation and training tool that provides biofeedback to help improve movement strategies
- Canalith repositioning – non-invasive treatment that involves a series of head movements to transfer inner ear particles to a location where they will no longer cause problems
- Balance retraining – uses both static and dynamic routines
- Exercise programs – improves strength, range of motion, flexibility and mobility, while decreasing dizziness symptoms
- Pharmacy consultations – ensures the proper medications are being taken to control balance issues
- Home safety evaluations – helps eliminate tripping hazards and improve clearance for safe movement.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of neurologists, physiatrists, pharmacists, physical and occupational therapists, and audiologists. They’ll work together to identify the cause of any balance issue and create a personalized treatment plan.
Atlantic Health Pavilion – Pompton Plains
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Cedar Knolls
6 Saddle Road
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
- Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 7:00pm, and Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm.
- Adult physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and audiology, as well as pediatric audiology, are available at this location. Fax: 973-290-7629
- Request an Appointment Now
- 6 Saddle Road
New Providence Campus
Newton Medical Center
Request an Appointment Now
Your next physical therapy session is just a click away. Request an appointment at select Atlantic Rehabilitation locations using our online scheduling service.
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.