At Children's Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center, our medical team regularly contribute videos, articles and scholarly material related to children's orthopedics.
Watch a video presentation delivered by Barbara Minkkowitz, MD, titled, "D-Mystifying Bone Health in Pediatrics." She presented on March 14, 2018 at the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America.
This video, "Easy Posture Routine for Kids," helps children stretch and strengthen their backs and neck in order to combat bad posture. All of these movements are advocated by Barbara Minkowitz, MD. She is involved in a campaign against poor posture called, "Generation Hunchback," a study Dr. Minkowitz started to help treat the growing posture issue in adolescents caused by increased technology use.
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Leah Nadel, BA, Meghan McDermott, BA, Jennifer Ristic, PA, Stephanie Chiu, MPH, Pediatric Bone Health Compliance Group. "Analyzing Vitamin D3 Compliance in Pediatric Fractures." Oral presentation, American Association of Pediatrics. 2018, Orlando
- Moderator of POSNA/AAOS Webinar: "D-mystifying Bone Health for Pediatric Orthopedics." March 13, 2018
- Moderator of an Instructional Course Lecture at American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery: "The Answer is Vitamin D: From Pediatric to Geriatrics in Orthopedics". March 2016, Orlando; March 2017, San Francisco; March 2018, New Orleans
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Jennifer Ristic, PA, Cecilia DiPentima. "Neonatal Osteomyelitis: An Orthopedic Nighmare. Eastern Orthopedic Association.' 2017, Miami
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Jennifer Ristic, PA, Maria Awan, MD, Eileen Poletick, DNP, Elizabeth Baorto, MD. "Underscoring Pitfalls in Diagnosis and Treatment in Complex Pediatric Osteoarticular Infections." American Association of Pediatrics. 2017, Chicago
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Todd Pierce, MD, Vincent Mckinerny, MD, Anthony Scillia, MD. "Hypovitaminosis D in Pediatric Tibia Tubercle Fractures." American Association of Pediatrics. 2017, Chicago
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Leah Nadel, BA, Holly Goodman, BS, Jennifer Ristic, PA. "Pediatric Bone Health Compliance Group. Pediatric Sports Injury and Bone Health Compliance." American Association of Pediatrics. 2017, Chicago
- Speaker panel of the symposium at the Orthopedic Research Society, Women's Leadership Forum. Symposium titled: "Should We Believe the Hype? The Influence of Vitamin D in Musculoskeletal Health and Beyond". Talk titled, "Vitamin D and Fracture: Sorting out the Influences." March 2016, Orlando
- Barbara Minkowitz, MD, Joseph Nguyen, MPH, Eileen Poletick, DNP, Tim Leier, MD Nicole Formoso, Sherri Luxenberg, Barbara Cerame, MD, Joseph Lane, MD. "Low Vitamin D Levels are Associated with Need for Surgical Correction of Pediatric Fracture." The Orthopedic Research Society, 2015, Las Vegas
- Anticipating Children’s Return to Sports in the Time of COVID
- Is Your Child Deficient in Vitamin D?
- COVID19: Vitamin D and the Sunshine at the End of the Tunnel
- "The Physical Toll Remote Learning Has on Kids"
- "Diagnostic Dilemmas of Pediatric Osteoarticular Infections and Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome,
- "Low Vitamin D Levels are Associated With Need for Surgical Correction of Pediatric Fractures."
- "The Answer is Vitamin D! From Pediatrics to Geriatric in Orthopedics"
- "Obtaining Vitamin D Levels in Children with Fractures Improves Supplementation Compliance"
- Morristown Medical Center Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon Finds Obtaining Vitamin D Levels in Children with Fractures Improves Compliance
- Unmasking Hemophilia B After Hip Aspiration
- In Children with Fractures, Supplementation Compliance Improves When Vitamin D Levels are Obtained
- "Does Your Child Have Text Neck? "
Children's Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Center Locations
Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 9:00am to 5:00pm
333 Mount Hope Avenue
Morristown Medical Center Health Pavilion, Suite 320
Rockaway, NJ 07866
Wednesdays 9:00am to 5:00pm