For 80 years, the Newton Medical Center Auxiliary has been an important part of the hospital, dedicated to supporting its mission, contributing funds and raising awareness of health issues.
Through the Auxiliary, members serve the hospital by volunteering their time, talents and energy in the hospital’s various departments.
Anyone can be an Auxiliary member. You can join any existing branch or start your own branch with your friends and neighbors. Your branch can decide which projects it would most enjoy doing. Each branch holds regularly scheduled meetings and participates in various projects, including knitting baby blankets, caps and lap blankets, and caroling with Santa.
The Newton Medical Center Auxiliary focuses on the following activities throughout the year:
- Cancer Center Hospitality
- – provides refreshments and hospitality to cancer patients at the Sparta Cancer Center and at Newton Medical Center
- Beehive Thrift Shop
- – sells high-quality, used donations, including items of clothing and household products, for sale to the general public; the Beehive is staffed by volunteers and is the largest fundraiser for the Auxiliary
- – Auxilians volunteer at Newton Medical Center in various departments, including the gift shop, coffee shop, the Charles L. Tice Heart Center and the front desk
- Giving Back
- – funds raised support many worthwhile projects at the hospital, including the emergency department campaign, the Charles L. Tice Heart Center and the family waiting room in the maternity center; we also provide scholarships to students pursuing careers in health-related fields.
Meet the Auxiliary Board
President: Karen Curd
Vice President: Mary Waller
Secretary: Kathy Pope
Treasurer: Mary Bobbe