Our team of certified child life specialists and music therapists are experts in child development and the impact hospitalization, illness, and injury may have on a child and their family. These professionals provide developmentally appropriate support to children and families during medical experiences.
The Child Life Program at Atlantic Health System:
- Helps children cope with their fears and anxieties by offering therapeutic activities tailored to meet their social and emotional needs.
- Offers familiar experiences and play activities to help children understand and cope more effectively with procedures, hospitalization, and other stressors.
- Minimizes the anxiety and stress experienced by children, adolescents, and families in the medical setting through support, education, creative arts, and play.
- Supports parents and other caregivers by encouraging their participation as part of their child's health care team.
- Recognizes and supports the needs of siblings or other children who may also be affected by a child's medical needs
- Helps children and families maintain their normal everyday experiences and stay connected
To learn more about the child life program and how we can support you and your child, please contact us.
Goryeb Children's Hospital at Morristown Medical Center
Child Life Program
Hersh Children's Center at Overlook Medical Center
- Calling All Kids
- Soothing Paws Pet Therapy Visits
- Child Life Internship Program
- Child Life Practicum Program
- Day Hospital
- Valerie Fund Children’s Center
- Pediatric Unit at Atlantic Health System
- Family Advisory Council
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.