Last updated: Monday, March 1, 2021 at 8:59am
Get Care When You Need It
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911. If you have symptoms that would usually result in your making a doctor's appointment, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, contact your primary care physician. Not sure if you should be tested? Review guidance from the CDC >
Why Choose an Atlantic Health System Testing Facility?
Our promise to our communities is that all who enter our system receive the highest quality care delivered at the right time, at the right place, and at the right cost.
- Accurate testing -- We use the most accurate testing available – all our COVID testing are diagnostic tests called a Polymerase Chain Reaction, or PCR. This test detects the DNA of the virus that causes COVID-19 and is considered highly accurate.
- Enhanced Safety Measures – We have taken every precaution to lessen the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the care you receive is safe. We have continued our stringent safety measures and have implemented updated guidelines. Learn More >
- Efficiency – We are proud to report that are test results are returned to patients within 24 hours.
COVID-19 Testing Locations
Our labs and testing sites use a diagnostic test called a Polymerase Chain Reaction, or PCR, test. This test detects the DNA of the virus that causes COVID-19 and is considered highly accurate. Learn more about the types of viral tests >
Some sites may have specific guidelines, such as calling before you enter the location. Results for most tests will be available through MyChart >
If you were exposed to a person with COVID-19, the CDC has recommendations regarding quarantining. Learn more >
In addition, talk to your doctor about what's right for you, as well as your employer regarding return to work policies.
If You Have Symptoms
Without a Prescription
We offer COVID-19 testing at the following urgent care locations across Northern New Jersey.
- 418 Route 18, East Brunswick
- 118 East Hanover Road, Cedar Knolls
- 501 State Route 10, Ledgewood
- 200 US Highway 22, Springfield
- 1569 US Highway 22, Watchung
- 228 Mountain Avenue, Hackettstown
- 225 US Route 46, Totowa
- 124 Washington Avenue, Nutley
- 184 Essex Street, Lodi
- 135 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield
- 415 West St. George Avenue, Linden
- 346 Route 46, Rockaway
If you need a prescription for a COVID-19 test, contact your primary care physician, visit an urgent care center or schedule a telehealth visit. If you don’t have a primary care physician, find a doctor in your area >
Symptomatic testing is available by appointment for those with prescriptions from most physicians on medical staff at an Atlantic Health System hospital. Please call your primary care provider for more information. The test utilizes a mid-turbinate nasal swab, which is inserted less than one inch into the nostril.
Walk-in testing is not available at these locations.
- Chilton Medical Center - East End Testing Center
- Clark Urgent Care
732-499-0606, ext. 2
- Hackettstown Medical Center - Medical Office Building
- Morristown Medical Center - Gagnon West End Testing Center
- Overlook Medical Center - Annex Testing Center
- Atlantic Medical Group Primary Care at Raritan
- Sparta Health and Wellness
Find additional testing locations on New Jersey's COVID-19 Information Hub >
If You Do Not Have Symptoms
Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing is available without a prescription for New Jersey residents at the following Atlantic Health System locations. Unless otherwise indicated, testing is open to adult and pediatric patients. If you are not a New Jersey resident, you will need a prescription.
Appointment Not Required
- Outpatient Laboratories
- 1125 Route 22 West, Suite 180, Bridgewater, NJ
- 90-10 Route 206, Suite B, Byram, NJ
- 140 Central Avenue, Suite 100, Clark, NJ
- 111 E. Catherine Street, Suite 120, Milford, PA
- 222 High Street, Suite 104, Newton, NJ
- 333 Mount Hope Avenue, Suite 160, Rockaway, NJ
- 11 Overlook Road, Medical Arts Center (MAC) II, First Floor, Summit, NJ
- 1000 Galloping Hill Road, Suite 110, Union, NJ
- 449 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Suite 201, West Orange, NJ
If You Have A Scheduled Surgery or Procedure
Patients who need testing before procedures scheduled at Morristown, Overlook, Chilton, Newton, or Hackettstown medical centers can be tested at the following locations. Patients must have a prescription and will be contacted prior to their procedure.
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine, 435 South Street, Morristown, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center, 99 Beauvoir Avenue, Summit, NJ
- Chilton Medical Center, 97 West Parkway, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Newton Medical Center, 175 High Street, Newton, NJ
- Hackettstown Medical Center, 651 Willow Grove Street, Hackettstown, NJ
If you have symptoms of or have been exposed to COVID-19, please notify your doctor before visiting a test site.
Results from these tests can be accessed through the MyChart Patient Portal
MyChart is your personal, patient-centered, fully-secure connection to Atlantic Health System. Learn more >
Those tested at MedExpress locations should contact the location for results information.
Atlantic Health System is working closely with the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) to facilitate vaccine distribution through their COVID-19 vaccination program.
Ongoing COVID Recovery Care
Some patients who recover from COVID-19 have persistent symptoms, which can affect multiple areas of the body.
The Atlantic COVID Recovery Center was established to effectively manage the health and recovery needs of patients experiencing complications 30 days after having the virus.