Hackettstown Medical Center provides exceptional emergency care in a modernized environment that’s seamlessly connected to Atlantic Health System’s network of high-tech specialty services, physicians and resources.
Streamlined Emergency Care
When patients arrive, a registered nurse, physician’s assistant or doctor will evaluate them in a timely manner and begin blood work and other preliminary tests. Several of these are done at the bedside, rather than in the lab, which allows us to more quickly reach a diagnosis and begin treatment. Throughout this process, patient care liaisons are available to answer questions and address concerns.
Emergency Department Amenities
Hackettstown Medical Center has 11 private treatment rooms, two rapid treatment rooms for initial patient assessments and an isolated area equipped with negative air pressure to treat contagious illnesses. A larger room dedicated to trauma care is outfitted with state-of-the-art medical technology and monitoring equipment and has direct access to our radiology department. We also have an on-site helipad that can swiftly transport patients to Morristown Medical Center or Overlook Medical Center when cardiac surgery and other advanced procedures are necessary. For optimal comfort, some patients with minor illnesses or injuries have the option of resting in a reclining armchair with personal television instead of in a bed.
Specialized Emergency Services
- Cardiopulmonary care
- – We provide a wide array of cardiopulmonary services for heart and lung health with access to Morristown Medical Center for more advanced treatments.
- Geriatric care
- – Accredited for providing well-coordinated, quality care to older patients by the American College of Emergency Physicians.
- Mental health care
- – Professional crisis counselors provide confidential support and treatment for those in a mental health or substance abuse emergency.
- Pediatric care
- – Our board-certified emergency room physicians care for everything from minor emergencies to life-threatening injuries and illnesses and can refer patients to Goryeb Children’s Hospital, when necessary.
- Stroke care
- – Designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, we are well-equipped to quickly and effectively treat patients experiencing stroke symptoms. What’s more, telemedicine provides remote care from stroke specialists at Overlook Medical Center.
Emergency Care During the Coronavirus Outbreak
If you are experiencing a serious illness or severe symptoms of any kind, please do not put off seeking emergency medical care due to fears of coronavirus. Delaying emergency medical help could worsen symptoms or result in a life-threatening situation. In the event of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.
Our Patient Transfer Center is a service offered to hospitals, physicians and family members who wish to transfer a patient to any Atlantic Health System hospital.