Newton Medical Center’s state-of-the-art Emergency Department features private treatment areas, a fast-track area for minor injuries and illnesses, and coordinated services with our lab and radiology departments, so patients receive care as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Emergency diagnostic services include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound (US)
Emergency treatment services include:
- Access to pediatric, obstetrical, surgical, orthopedic and critical care specialists
- Infectious disease control and decontamination
- Psychiatric services for mental health crises
- Teleneurology for stroke patients
When other specialized care is necessary, patients have seamless access to Atlantic Health System’s full range of medical services, physicians and resources.
Emergency Care During COVID-19
If you are experiencing a serious illness or severe symptoms of any kind, please do not put off seeking emergency medical care due to fears of COVID-19. Delaying emergency medical help could worsen symptoms or result in a life-threatening situation. In the event of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.