Newton Medical Center’s state-of-the-art Emergency Department features private treatment areas, a fast-track area for minor injuries and illnesses, and coordinated services with our lab and radiology departments, so patients receive care as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Emergency diagnostic services include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound (US)
Emergency treatment services include:
- Access to pediatric, obstetrical, surgical, orthopedic and critical care specialists
- Infectious disease control and decontamination
- Psychiatric services for mental health crises
- Teleneurology for stroke patients
When other specialized care is necessary, patients have seamless access to Atlantic Health System’s full range of medical services, physicians and resources.
Emergency Care During the Coronavirus Outbreak
If you are experiencing a serious illness or severe symptoms of any kind, please do not put off seeking emergency medical care due to fears of coronavirus. Delaying emergency medical help could worsen symptoms or result in a life-threatening situation. In the event of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.