The physicians and team members at Atlantic Health System Maternity Centers are committed to helping expectant parents safely and comfortably welcome their newborns as we face the challenges of COVID-19 in our communities. Read COVID-19 FAQs and a message for expectant parents>
The birth of a baby is an exciting time for new mothers and their birth partners, and the maternity center staff at Atlantic Health System wants to make it as comfortable as possible for both of you.
Birth Partner Amenities
Your partner or support person is not considered a visitor and may stay with you at all times, if desired. Those who wish to stay the night, can take advantage of pull-out beds in the private rooms at Chilton Medical Center, Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center, or may use the sleeping chairs available at Newton Medical Center. We ask that appropriate clothing be worn at all times.
Partners are welcome to complimentary snacks – juice, soda, crackers, cookies, cereal, coffee and tea – in the labor and delivery and mother baby units at Chilton, Morristown and Overlook medical centers. Complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner is available at Newton Medical Center.
They can also visit any of our hospital cafeterias or order a guest tray for a minimal charge. Please ask your nurse for guest tray information.
Other amenities include:
- Disposable cameras and other small items you may have forgotten are available for purchase in the gift shop on the first floor off the lobby.
- ATMs are available throughout the hospitals.
- Cell phones are allowed in your room or in the waiting room. They are not allowed in the recovery room or hallways. Please keep in mind privacy issues regarding your partner and the other patients.
- Wireless internet access is available.
Visitors are welcome in our maternity centers, but please keep in mind that mothers benefit the most when there is quiet time for them to rest and feed their babies. For infant security, adult visitors will be required to present photo identification and sign in at the nurses’ station prior to entering.
Grandparents and siblings of the new baby may visit, but children will not be allowed in the recovery room if the mother had a Cesarean section.
If any child or adult has been ill, please ask him or her to refrain from visiting to prevent the spread of infection. Hand washing is a must for everyone.
Maternity Center Visiting Hours
- Chilton Medical Center: Parents may set the visiting hours that work best for them, unless a medical reason prevents full access
- Morristown Medical Center: 9:00am to 8:00pm for grandparents and siblings; Noon to 8:00pm for all others
- Newton Medical Center: Noon to 8:00pm; children under age 12 who are not siblings are not permitted
- Overlook Medical Center: 24/7 visiting hours with quiet time from 1:00 to 2:30pm
Chilton Medical Center
97 West Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- Effective 3/28/2020 - To prepare for an anticipated surge of COVID-19 patients at our medical centers, Maternity Services at Chilton Medical Center will be temporarily relocated to Morristown Medical Center where patients will receive the same high-quality care. Please contact your doctor for information.
- 97 West Parkway
Morristown Medical Center
Newton Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center