Occupational therapy is used to help those who are recovering from injury or illness regain the functional abilities necessary for daily life and independence, such as grooming and dressing. At Atlantic Rehabilitation, this service is often prescribed for patients following orthopedic, cardiac and breast surgeries, as well as after strokes, amputations, and traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
Our occupational therapists provide instruction in how to easily accomplish tasks in new ways, often using special equipment, as well as how to make living environments safer. This helps protect vulnerable joints, prevent further injury and conserve energy.
Occupational Therapy Services
- Range of motion and strengthening activities
- Education in self-care and wellness
- Fine motor and gross motor coordination retraining
- Static and dynamic splinting
- Fracture bracing
- Wound care and scar management
- Edema, or fluid, control
- Sensory re-education
- Computerized work simulator
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Electrical stimulation
- Paraffin therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Fluidotherapy® dry heat therapy
Post-Breast Reconstructive Therapy
Our services are designed to improve the comfort and quality of life for women who have had a mastectomy or breast reconstructive surgery.