Overlook Medical Center is a an accredited mammography facility.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, the Breast Center at Overlook Medical Center is a pioneer in breast care. In fact, we were the first in New Jersey to use a stereotactic breast biopsy system and were named a Best Practice Hospital for Patient Navigation and Best Practice Repository by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Breast health services at our location include:
All of our breast health services are provided in a spa-like atmosphere, complete with comfortable robes, a peaceful lounge and complimentary coffee and tea.
Breast Cancer Prevention Program
The Breast Center at Overlook Medical Center, which is part of Atlantic Health System Cancer Care, also offers a program that can determine a woman’s risk for breast cancer and help her learn how to reduce it. Services include:
- Consultation with experts in medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, nutrition and genetics
- Review of medical and family history, including prior mammograms, ultrasounds and other tests
- Computer analysis of genetic history
- Body fat analysis and nutritional advice from a dietitian
- Written summary of findings with recommendations for future screenings and a personalized action plan
Eligibility and Enrollment
Any woman who is interested in learning more about individual breast cancer risks and prevention can participate in the program. A referral or prescription from a physician is not required and there is no cost for enrollment.
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II - Overlook Medical Center
11 Overlook Road
Ground Floor, LL103
Summit, NJ 07901
- Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm. Evening and Saturday appointments available.
- 11 Overlook Road
Overlook Medical Center
Carol G. Simon Cancer Center
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Carol G. Simon Cancer Center