Overlook Emergency Services – Union Campus has received the Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association.
Overlook Medical Center's satellite location in Union, NJ is a 24-bed, full-service emergency department, providing nationally-recognized care. In fact, we've received the Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) for our safety and quality standards and are one of only 17 emergency departments in the nation recognized by the ENA for exceptional and innovative performance in leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.
Our 24/7 emergency services include:
- Cardiovascular care – for emergency procedures and advanced care, including the administration of thrombolytic options
- Comprehensive stroke care – for the treatment of stroke, cerebrovascular and transient ischemic accidents using telemedicine and robotic services, among other treatments
- On-site laboratory services
- On-site radiology services – includes computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound
- Referrals to community outreach
When necessary, patients may be transferred to Overlook Medical Center for access to additional medical procedures and programs.
For the convenience and comfort of our patients and their families, we have a spacious parking lot with handicap accessibility and a modern lobby area with TV and Wi-Fi.
Emergency Care During the Coronavirus Outbreak
If you are experiencing a serious illness or severe symptoms of any kind, please do not put off seeking emergency medical care due to fears of coronavirus. Delaying emergency medical help could worsen symptoms or result in a life-threatening situation. In the event of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.
Our Patient Transfer Center is a service offered to hospitals, physicians and family members who wish to transfer a patient to any Atlantic Health System hospital.