Whether it's a minor injury, such as a sore shoulder or sprained ankle, or a major impairment, like a worn out hip or arthritic joint, or even a bone or soft tissue cancer, many Americans will require orthopedic care at some point in their lives. When they do, they can turn to Morristown Medical Center Orthopedic Care, part of Atlantic Health System's Orthopedic Institute, for comprehensive treatment recognized by U.S. News & World Report.
We have all of the latest diagnostic technologies, such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and many of our board-certified surgeons are experts in minimally invasive techniques that result in faster recoveries, greater range of motion and smaller scars.
Orthopedic Areas of Specialization
Total Joint Replacement
Morristown Medical Center performs more total joint replacements than any other hospital in New Jersey and is a leader in advancements, like minimal incision surgery and gender-specific knee technology.
Atlantic Sports Health, part of our orthopedic service line, has highly-trained physicians who are experts at diagnosing and treating orthopedic and sports medicine problems.
Spine and Scoliosis
Our highly-specialized team of orthopedic spine surgeons, neurosurgeons and other medical professionals can handle an assortment of conditions, ranging from mild scoliosis to advanced spinal deformity cases.
We collaborate with pediatricians from Goryeb Children’s Hospital, located on Morristown Medical Center’s campus, in all aspects of orthopedic care, including diagnostics, surgery and assistive technology.
We specialize in limb-sparing surgery and other advanced techniques that give sarcoma patients the best possible outcomes without amputating arms, legs or other appendages.
Our Offray Arthritis Center provides education, support and referrals to services designed to improve the quality of life for patients with arthritis and osteoporosis.
One of only four hospitals in New Jersey designated a Level 1 Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons, Morristown Medical Center is equipped to treat complex orthopedic injuries.
Atlantic Health System recently broke ground on a best-in-class inpatient rehabilitation center that will offer specialty programs for patients with orthopedic injuries.
Awards and Accreditations
- Ranked among the 30 best hospitals in the nation for Orthopedics and named a High Performing Hospital for Hip Replacement, Hip Fracture and Knee Replacement by U.S. News & World Report
- Received the Joint Replacement Excellence Award and five stars for total knee replacement from Healthgrades
- Received the Outpatient Joint Replacement Excellence Award from Healthgrades
- Joint Commission certification in hip and knee replacement and spine surgery
- One of Becker's 100 hospitals and health systems with great orthopedic programs
- Verified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II by the state of New Jersey
- Atlantic Health System is the Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets