Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute provides modernized home for inpatient rehab
Atlantic Health System and Kindred Healthcare marked the completion of Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute, a brand-new state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation hospital combining the expertise of two leaders in high-quality patient care. The new $24 million, two-story, 38-bed rehabilitation hospital is located off Route 124 at Giralda Farms in Madison, NJ.
“Joining forces with a nationally recognized leader allows us to expand access to extraordinary rehabilitation services in our communities,” says Amy Perry, senior vice president, Integrated Care Delivery, and CEO of Atlantic Health System’s Hospital Division. “We are proud to partner with Kindred to provide top-caliber patient care in the exceptional healing environment that has been created at Giralda Farms.”
The new, modernized hospital greatly expands the breadth of capabilities and resources available for treatment, to help return function to patients and better prepare them to resume everyday functions. It includes:
- Bionic, assisted movement systems, such as the motorized exoskeleton system by Ekso Bionics and the Bionik InMotion ARM, which help patients walk and to regain movement to their arms following stroke, spinal cord injury, orthopedic surgery, multiple sclerosis and more
- A state-of-the-art gym with new equipment such as a total body movement simulator
- A simulated home space, with a full kitchen, bathroom, and a washer and dryer, to practice return-to-home activities
- Bariatric rooms designed for obese patients and a specialty bathroom allowing chair-bound patients to be bathed
- A secured and monitored brain injury unit with a dedicated gym
- Multiple surfaces to practice real-world walking, a ramp, stairs, and a simulated curb with a wheelchair cutout
For more information, please visit atlanticrehabinstitute.com.