What’s the best way to enjoy chocolate in the summertime? Turn it into ice cream! This refreshing home-made chocolate banana ice cream is delicious and loaded with healthy ingredients. Top it off with your favorite bite-sized treats – and enjoy this creamy delight.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp nut butter of choice (peanut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- ¼ cup milk of choice (for non-dairy options, choose almond, oat, cashew, coconut, etc.)
- Optional toppings: cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped nuts, etc.
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder, almond butter, and choice of milk into food processor. Pulse until the bananas are mostly blended.
- Scrape sides of the food processor with a spatula, then continue processing on high until the ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Add toppings if desired.
- Enjoy immediately! If firmer texture is desired, place in freezer until desired firmness is achieved, up to 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Sugar: 16 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 40 mg
Fiber: 6 g