A frittata is a hearty egg-bake dish -- a crustless quiche filled with veggies, cheese, and seasonings. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a quick weeknight meal. If you’re looking something to make for family or friends that’s healthy, delicious and filling, give this garden veggie frittata a try. It is colorful, rich in immune-boosting antioxidants, and a protein-packed dish that will keep you satisfied for hours.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp olive or avocado oil
- Cooking spray (olive or avocado oil preferred)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (reduced fat if available)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally until the onion has softened, about 4 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook for another 3 minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. water. Cook, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is tender.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetables and cheese to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Coat an 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the center is set. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 15 g
Sodium: 245 mg
Fiber: 2 g