Pumpkins are good for your heart. They’re rich in potassium, full of vitamins A, B and C, and a great source of fiber, too. With just five minutes of prep time – and a handful of ingredients that may already be in your fridge and pantry – this grab-and-go breakfast is a perfect balance of sweet and spice to start your day off right.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oat
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp agave or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Place all ingredients in a glass container or mason jar and mix until fully combined.
- Cover the glass container with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Uncover. If desired, add extra milk and top withyour favorite nuts, seeds, and fruit.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 13 g
Sodium: 115 mg
Fiber: 6 g