Pompton Plains, NJ – Representatives from Chilton Medical Center and Atlantic Health System will deliver seven of the 25 workshops at the 2014 Care and Kindness Conference on Friday, May 2, and Saturday, May 3, at the historic campus of First Reformed Church in Pompton Plains. The conference is designed to inspire, educate, enhance caring skills and equip people to touch the lives of others. The event is also intended to empower attendees to grow as well as to heal, so that they can live healthier spiritual and emotional lives.
Workshops and representatives include:
- “End-of-Life Decision-Making,” by Terri Reicher, Chilton Medical Center’s bioethics attorney.
- “Visiting the Sick: Practical ways to give care, comfort and courage – keeping healthy boundaries,” Rev. Randy Parks, Manager of Pastoral Care and Chaplain at Newton Medical Center, Atlantic Health System
- “Delivering Healing & Growth for Adult Children of Alcoholics,” by Chilton’s Chaplain, Interfaith Minister Rev. Roland Petit
- “Deep Meditation to Calm the Mind, Body and Soul,” by Linda Marciniak, LCSW and Social Services Manager at Chilton
- “Health Care Decision-Making, “Arlene Fidellaga, RN, BSN, CNOR, CMH, Maureen Colon, RN, BSN, CCRN, Marian Cabeguin-Lopina, Marian Cabeguin-Lopina, RN, BSN, CAPA, at Morristown, Atlantic Health System
- “Caring for Those Experiencing Fetal and Infant Loss,” by Beth Cipoletti, LCSW, a social worker at Chilton“
- The Role of Art in Healing,” by Bea Kettlewood, Ph.D. Dr. Kettlewood is a renowned artist whose works have included the stained glass windows at Chilton Medical Center.
The last time the conference was offered on the east coast in 2010, it was sold out, so early registration is recommended. More information about the 2014 Care and Kindness Conference >
About Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, N.J., is an integrated health care delivery system powered by a workforce of over 16,000 team members and 4,796 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities. The system is comprised of over 400 sites of care, including six hospitals: Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center and Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
It also includes Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network representing 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ. This network includes more than 900 physicians and providers within the Atlantic Medical Group, as well as members of the Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners which work to enhance patient care delivery.
Atlantic Health System also supports communities through Atlantic Rehabilitation and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice. Facilitating the connection between these services on both land and air is the transportation fleet of Atlantic Mobile Health. Atlantic Health System is a founding member of AllSpire Health Partners, a consortium of five leading health care organizations from the New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania region.